How do I apply for the Tax Relief Program?

There are two different types of Tax Relief. There is Tax Relief for Elderly or Disabled Homeowners and Tax Relief for Disabled Veterans and Widow(er)s. For more information on how to qualify for tax relief, please visit the Montgomery County Trustee’s website or call our office at 931-645-7436. 

Applications for the tax relief program are available at both the Montgomery County Trustee’s office as well as the City of Clarksville’s Finance and Revenue Department. For first time applicants, you will only need to sign up at the City or County offices, not both.

Show All Answers

1. What is the current property tax rate?
2. When are tax bills mailed out?
3. What time of year does the tax bill become due?
4. Who gets a tax bill from the City?
5. What happens if I miss the tax payment deadline?
6. What time period does my annual taxes cover?
7. Where can my tax bill be paid in person?
8. Does my mortgage company get a copy of my tax bill mailed to them?
9. What if both my mortgage company and I accidentally pay my property taxes?
10. What happens if my mortgage company pays my taxes second? Do I get my money back?
11. Can I pay my property taxes online?
12. Where else can I pay my property taxes?
13. Can I pay over the telephone?
14. Where can I sign up for the Tax Freeze program (not the same as the Tax Relief Program)?
15. How do I apply for the Tax Relief Program?
16. I’ve been approved for Tax Relief, now what?
17. What if you haven’t answered my question?